• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

GPS for IPad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at a few different Cubs for sale and all are a ways from my home in San Antonio. So I'm looking at a long cross country (several days at least) to bring her home.
I have ForeFlight and a large iPad. So my question is- what's a good, reliable, GPS receiver that will connect with the iPad and not shoot craps along the way. Bad elf's are ridiculously expensive so what would work best and have a halfway decent battery life?
Also my next issue is mounting it. I've seen a suction cup mount and a few that clamp to the tubular frame, some hang down from the roof. I've seen a seat mount (back of the forward seat). So what works best?
Lastly all the cubs I'm looking at have no electric system so I'll be looking at a handheld. Yaesu makes a few good ones and they're GPS/ Bluetooth compatible so big question is can I use that handheld to connect to my iPad to give me gps position on foreflight? Or would have have to spring for a separate receiver?

Attachments

• IMG_5486.jpeg
    IMG_5486.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back