• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Coils needed please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerodenaviation

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Tony and I am new to the community here on J3-cub and I would first of like to say hello. I am an aircraft mechanic in Idaho for the last 15 years. I recently agreed to help out a local gentleman that picked up a snow plane for his granddaughter’s that has an 0-435 lycoming on it. He couldn’t get it to start except the first day he and his buddy’s were looking at it when one of his friends decided to pump a bunch of starting fluid in and kick it over. It fired a few time and then was done and wouldn’t even pretend to try. I pulled the magnetic and took them to my shop and discovered several problems internally and have been gathering parts for it since. Some easy to find and then those that required a little more digging. I am currently down to just needing to find 2 good working order coils for a SF6LN-8 magneto with the part number of 10-15829A for a good price. The owner is looking to not spend a ton of money on this repair and I am offering my assistance to him at no cost so he can get this project all tuned up for his granddaughter. I can find them at Fresno airports for $105 dollars each but hoping to pick up the two for 100 or less. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back