• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

10 Minute N-Number Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CubCruiser

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve read several accounts here of the difficulties in dealing with the FAA over replacement airworthiness certificates and the assignment of special n-numbers. The process couldn’t be much easier than my latest two experiences.

Last fall I purchased a Cessna Bird Dog that had an N-number change 14 years prior, but never had a replacement Airworthiness Certificate to match the change (How it got through 14 annuals is another question). I simply went online and filled out the form on the FAA’s Airworthiness Certification (AWC) Tool,selected my FSDO, and the next day I was emailed the new certificate for printing.

On Tuesday afternoon, I went back to the AWC portal to request a new Airworthiness Certificate for a special n-number change on a Legend Cub. Less than 10 minutes of my time with a few documents uploadied (including the handwritten statement on a piece of notebook paper) and it was submitted. By Thursday morning, the new certificate was in my email ready to be printed.

Easy process from the comfort of my air-conditioned office.

Daryl

Latest posts

Back