• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Trouble shooting mag check.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a trouble shooting questions when it comes to failing an RPM check. My left mag failed during a run up. I bought new plugs for the bottom and passed on the RPM check. Next flight out the new plugs failed during the check. I bought new plug wires and it did not solve the problem. I had the new plugs bench tested and they were all good. Then I swapped the old plugs and put them on the bottom and put the new plugs and put them on top. Now the right mag failed the run up. So the problem went from left to right. Now I did barrow four plugs from a friend and swapped them out with the new plugs that are on top now and both mags passed during run up. I am having the timing checked soon and I currently have slick mags with about 300 hours on them. Any thoughts since the new plugs checked good on the bench test?

Oh the plugs are Tempest on a C-90-f engine.

Latest posts

Back