• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Tail wheel shimmy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp15705

Reaction score
I just got my plane back from the annual with a different AI that I used to use. When I had refurbished the L4 in 2008 I replaced the tail wheel with a new Maul. Never had a problem till after this years annual. Now I have developed a SEVER shimmy when I land. Does anyone have a guess as to what he may have done to create the problem. Three years of perfect performance until now. I have read all the information as to the angles and alignment of the wheel and would not think that the issue would be the result of an annual. I can not fathom why all of a sudden I developed the shimmy. I looked at the TW and could not see anything different than before. I was not impressed with the annual and would probably not want to take it back again to the same shop
Has anybody got any ideas as to what I could look for?

Latest posts

Back