• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Proper Airspeed Markings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My J3 has a PA18 airspeed indicator…with the wrong markings.
I’ve ordered a new one from Mid Continent Instruments and have the ability to get them to paint correct airspeed arcs on it.
They need the POH for verification. All I have been able to find is a Piper POH from May, 1946 which only says the airplane will become airborne at 39 MPH and a Vne of 122 MPH.
MCI is asking about a yellow caution range, but I’m unable to find one.
To cloud the issue, I’ve got VGs installed, but the STC paperwork doesn’t mention a reduction of the stall speed…
Any thoughts?

Thanks!
🐝 🥩 🍺

Latest posts

Back