• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Logbook for Aircraft Without Recording Tach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgarcia

Reaction score
I know that I'm a little crazy sometimes. And, sometimes I go a little beyond what is required. Hear is another case of that.

As many know, I am in the process of putting a new instrument panel in my J3. Up until now, I have had a recording tachometer in my plane. This made it very easy for me. Didn't have to log each flight to keep track of aircraft time. I am now putting an original non-recording tach. I have to find a way for me to log each flight. I have to make it convenient, otherwise I either won't want to or will forget to do it. I have decided, instead of buying a logbook to log each flight, I will make a custom Flight Time Logbook for my plane. It will be a 6"x11" spiral bound book that I will keep in the plane. I designed it after the Quick Reference Handbooks (QRH) that I use at work. It will have a thick clear plastic cover on the front and a thick black plastic cover on the back and will be printed on thick card stock. I will be easy to put in the seat back pocket or in the cargo bin. I have attached some PDF files of the document. I'm getting ready to go and get it printed it but I wanted some opinions. Does anyone have anything similar to help them keep track of their aircraft time? This will obviously be kept in addition to the maintenance logbooks. The front cover will be printed on yellow paper. Let me know what you think.

Tadd

View attachment logbook cover page.pdf

View attachment Cub Logbook.pdf

View attachment logbook cover page.pdf

View attachment Cub Logbook.pdf

Latest posts

Back