• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Leading Edge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Making progress on my 46 J-3 restoration, first wing is just about complete. I am ready to attach the leading edges (New from Dakota Cub). The instructions say to set the washout when attaching the leading edges and describes how to do this. I have a Cub Clues #72 article by Bob Palmatier that says to attach the leading edge with the wing flat, and not to set the washout. The Dakota Cub parts have flanges already bent 90 degrees for the spar so I'm not sure just how effective it would be trying to set it. The rigging manual says the washout is 3/8" measured at the outer rib of the aileron, doesn't sound like much.

What does the brain trust say about this?
Thanks
Scott

Latest posts

Back