• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Good Long X/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sierra Tango

Reaction score
Flew the Cub from eastern NC to western KY last Friday and visited family for a few days. There's a runway and hangar at the family farm so I'm leaving the Cub there till warmer flying weather. What a great day to fly! Started of cold - about 30 degrees, but calm winds and a cloudless sky. Stopped in Wadesboro, NC Rutherfordton, NC Knoxville, TN and Tompkinsville, KY. I left about 30 mins after sunrise and landed right at sunset. 8.2 hrs of flight time. Crossed the mountains just north of the Asheville Class C and directly over the Snowbird VOR. Very little turbulance over the mountains and clear skies. It was pretty cool looking UP at houses!

http://skyvector.com/?ll=35.79236581988415,-83.05172471559594&chart=29&zoom=2&plan=A.K7.KACZ:A.K7.KAFP:A.K7.KUZA:A.K7.KFQD:V.K7.SOT:A.K7.KDKX:A.K5.KTZV:A.K5.17KY

Good thing I left on Friday. Thursday was rainy and Saturday was windy. TAF for Saturday in KY included gusts to 25 and LLWS of 190 at 45 kts!

Latest posts

Back