• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

First flight since restore...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjnastro

Reaction score
Cubbers,,

So, the L4 is done. In the hangar. Ready to fly. Since the restoration, she has had a hop around the pattern, flown by the builder. The flight was about 10 minutes long. So, we've proven she'll get airborne. Step one complete.

Tomorrow I am going out to the airfield. I plan on a lengthy preflight inspection, followed by a detailed ground run. After that if all is well, I'm taking her flying.

I've never flown anything brand new or right after a rebuild, so I am asking the experts here what kind of mindset, flightplan, etc I should have. What should I plan on doing, testing, etc.

I have what I think is a well thought through plan in my head...I just want to make sure I am thinking clearly.

I looked on EAA but couldnt find much. I'll take what ever tips you may have.

No, it doesn't have invasion stripes... ;)

Latest posts

Back