• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Co-ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnneNonMouse

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few caveats that may cause you to just roll on past. (1) I don't know anyone named Burt, (2) I have yet to receive my permanent certificate (Sport Pilot), and (3) nobody has made me such an offer.

If Burt and I bought a $40k airplane 50-50 and we determined that with each of us flying it 72 hours a year the total cost. . .depreciation, inspections, maintenance, repairs, insurance, hangar space, fuel, oil, new charts, yada, yada, was $9000 a year. . .which can be broken down to a tad under $60 an hour. . .and we decided that each time one of us flew said plane for twenty minutes on the tach we'd toss a Jackson in the kitty. Legally speaking that wouldn't be a rental. It would just be the particular way that co-owners collected expenses. . .right?

Latest posts

Back