• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

1945 J3C-65 Project For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHolo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the tough decision to sell my J3 has come. I won this airplane in the 2022 Dakota Territories Musuem raffle and flew it 150 hours the last two years. I recently posted about an issue with rippling on one of the wings that requires the fabric to come off the wing to inspect the structure. My A&P found no issues with the ribs that were visible through the inspection ports and the rippling is forward of the front spar. My plan was to recover the wings over winter but unfortunately need to use the funds elsewhere and plan on building an experimental Super Cub in a few years.

Airframe TT is roughly 5,000 hours, the A-65 engine has 382.4 hours SMOH, prop was purchased new in Oct ‘22 and has a little over 100 hours. I’ll update with exact times when I have the logs handy. Logs dating back to 1945 minus a period in the 60s/70s. Annual was done Sept 23 and replaced fuel tank with a new Univair tank, new Univair header stacks, and the Stromberg carb was overhauled by D&G in Oct 23. The aircraft restoration was performed in 1981 and was covered with cotton fabric that has only between 300-400 or so hours on it. I would plan to recover in the next few years. New bungees in ‘22. Cub is rated at 1220 Gross.

Asking $24,000. Cub will need trailered or a ferry permit as the annual will be up tomorrow.

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_2218.jpeg
IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg
IMG_2257.jpeg

Latest posts

Back